A Tribute to Womanhood

Welcome to "I Am Woman"...a tribute to all those women who had the courage and perseverance to stand up and fight for their rights. Thanks to those who came before us we enjoy a freedom unknown to women not too long ago. But, sadly, in many parts of the world, women continue to be repressed. In fact, even in this country there are women living today under the threat of violence...completely controlled by a violent spouse. Some may make it; others won't. Hopefully, one day ALL women will be free. May that day come soon.

9/16/2012

Sort of a Rant

“There are none more abusive to others than they that lie most open to it themselves; but the humor goes round, and he that laughs at me today will have somebody to laugh at him tomorrow.”


Seneca Quotes



I don't post on this blog often.  I guess I have just about run out of things to say.  But I do keep it open and try every once in awhile to post a positive quote or a poem. There is so much information on this blog that I would never think of closing it. If I can help to save even one woman, it has all been worth it.  Some of you have commented and cried out your story, and my heart goes out to all of you. I have been there, and I feel your pain.  I wish there was more I could do than just post some phone numbers or advice. Too many of us women have been or are being abused.  And that is why this blog is staying put--no matter what the spammers and woman haters might want. 

Although 
none of you readers ever get to see it, this blog is a magnet for all kinds of spam. I've never seen so much of it directed at one blog. It seems to draw all those who want to advertise sex or sexual toys and steer someone to their blog. And, of course, there are those whose comments do nothing but degrade women. What really gets my gall is that it appears most of these spammers are women, and  I am appalled that women would be the ones who try to make something dirty out of a blog that might one day save someone's life.  And, of course, all of them are anonymous, too cowardly to show their face. Yes, they could be men, but for all appearances, the sexual commentors are females. One post actually drew 17 comments, none of them worth repeating.

But it also makes me realize that, although we women have come a long way, we still have a long way to go. When I see, through the comments elicited here, how intimidated some are by a simple blog, I worry about our sisters throughout the world. So, today I light a candle of hope and prayer that one day we women will be able to speak out without fear of retribution or ridicule.  I light this candle that one day we may all be free. 

This blog will not be closed.  As a survivor of domestic violence, I know what it feels like to think you are all alone, that no one cares.     It will remain open and I will try to get here more often.  So stop wasting your time and do something useful with your life by reaching out to help another who is suffering and in pain. Your comments and sales pitches will never get through.

Thanks for letting me share. 




1 comment:

  1. You are such a goodie my dear. And the nay sayers are just flotsum on the water....of no use to anyone. I admire what you do for woman. Thanks. OmaLinda

    ReplyDelete