A Tribute to Womanhood

Welcome to "I Am Woman"...a tribute to all those women who had the courage and perseverance to stand up and fight for their rights. Thanks to those who came before us we enjoy a freedom unknown to women not too long ago. But, sadly, in many parts of the world, women continue to be repressed. In fact, even in this country there are women living today under the threat of violence...completely controlled by a violent spouse. Some may make it; others won't. Hopefully, one day ALL women will be free. May that day come soon.

5/13/2013

Hope Comes Again

 

Hope comes again, to this heart long a stranger,
        Once more she sings me her flattering strain;
    But hush, gentle syren--for, ah, there's less danger
        In still suffering on, than in hoping again.

    Long, long, in sorrow, too deep for repining,
        Gloomy, but tranquil, this bosom hath lain:
    And joy coming now, like a sudden light shining
        O'er eyelids long darkened, would bring me but pain.

    Fly then, ye visions, that Hope would shed o'er me;
        Lost to the future, my sole chance of rest
    Now lies not in dreaming of bliss that's before me.
        But, ah--in forgetting how once I was blest.

Thomas Moore

1 comment: